As much as I want Sienna to be able to have treats and not miss out on yummy food, I also like to make sure she eats healthy and grows up knowing how to bake/cook healthier versions of her favourite treats. Banana bread is one of our favourites and I think I have found the yummiest 'healthified' recipe that is great for all the family.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe.
You will need;
1/4 cup olive oil,
1/4 cup warm water,
1/2 cup fruit sugar,
2 large eggs,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
1 & 3/4 cup oat flour (just blend some oats until fine like coarse flour)
1/2 tsp salt,
1 tsp baking powder,
3-4 very ripe bananas,
As much almond milk as you need (see method).
1. Preheat over to 200 degrees, 180 if a fan oven and grease a loaf pan.
2. Mix olive oil, warm water and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in oat flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Mash in the bananas and start adding the milk, add it is slowly until you get a kind of sloppy mixture, not too runny but not too thick either. It should be able to pour like thick custard, not milk.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden on top. Let it cool slightly and then enjoy warm!
You don't need to follow this to a T. Try and experiment; you can add in cinnamon, peanut butter, chocolate chips.. the list is endless! Serve it with some fruit for breakfast or as a little dessert. Let me know if you make this and how it turns out! You can tweet me @kerrymarie or message me on Facebook! Stay tuned for my next recipe :)
GET 10% OFF AT WHAT2BUY4KIDS WITH PROMO CODE KER0912