Eating clean seems to be getting more and more popular as many people rave about the results. I am one of them so I thought I would start sharing my recipes we use all the time and love. I try to keep my costs down to show that eating clean and healthy doesn't have to be expensive. Even if you are not eating clean 100% of the time or at all, they are all yummy, delicious recipes that are great if you're trying to lose weight or just get a bit healthier. This balsamic chicken is one of my favourites, I'm not usually a fan of balsamic vinegar so I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I don't know how it tastes as good as it does! I serve ours with either brown rice or wholewheat couscous. Next time, we are going to try it with just a salad!
Balsamic chicken with peppers recipe.
- 1tbsp olive oil,
- 2 chicken breasts – cut in strips
- 1 red & 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 med. onion, sliced thinly
- 2tsp cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar,
- Cook chicken & onion in olive oil until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add peppers, onions & garlic for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Mix in herbs and balsamic vinegar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until balsamic vinegar thickens and becomes a glaze.
Serve & Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from yourhomebasedmom.
Let me know if you try it! :)