For last weeks Toddler Treats, I decided to try and make some flapjack. I say try because flapjack and I have never worked out.. I have always left it in the oven a little too long and so it goes rock hard. This time, I was determined to get it right so I checked on at regular intervals and took it out sooner than I normally would and I think it worked! Sienna certainly approved anyway!
Fruit packed flapjack!
85g light margarine,
30g fruit sugar,
30g Rice Krispies,
1/4 tsp salt,
30g dried apricots, chopped,
2 x 30g bags of mixed raisins and cranberries.
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a suitable tin with baking paper (recommended 20cm square)
2. Slowly melt the butter, honey and sugar together in a saucepan until all one mixture and sugar has dissolved,
3. Remove from the heat and stir in all the remaining ingredients,
4. Spoon in the mixture in to your tin and press down so it is all nice and flat,
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until it is going golden around the edges,
6. Let it cool completely, then cut into squares and eat!!
Recipe adapted from Annabel Karmel.